FAQs & STUFF YA MIGHT WANNA KNOW.
Hooraay and welcome! Don’t worry — we were nervous our first time too!
If you are NOT flexible, don’t have time, or you can’t even touch your toes!
- You’re in the right place
Is this hot yoga?
- Nope. But you might get a droplet of sweat or two on your brow…
What does “flow” mean and why should I do it?
- “Flow” is typically shorthand for Vinyasa flow and it’s fun. Vinyasa means to ‘place with intention.’
Here is a short definition:
- Vinyasa Flow is a fluid and active style of yoga, connecting your breath with movement in a flowing sequence, but you don’t have to be strong, flexible, have balance to get started. This practice is designed to meet you where you are. All levels are welcome, however, we highly recommend that you start with Foundations or Basic Flow if you have never done Vinyasa before. Expect to experience a range of postures: standing, seated, balancing, inverted, face down and face up, sun salutations, breath work, a closing relaxation and then some feelings of joy.
What else do I need to know?
- Yoga is much more than a purely physical practice. It is a philosophy for living, a way to integrate our body, mind, and spirit; transcend our personal limitations; and eventually understand our own true nature. Hoooraaay!
I JUST WANT TO WORK OUT!
- That’s fine too. We gotch’ya covered.
Other important stuff
- If this is your first time you will need to register for class. Click here to quickly register online or come at least 15 minutes prior to class to fill out your registration at the studio.
- A friendly staff member or teacher will be there to greet you in our comfy reception area.
- EVERYONE MUST SIGN IN BEFORE THE START OF CLASS.
- Please remove shoes upon entering the practice room.
- We have 2 changing rooms, 1 bathroom and cubbies to put your stuff.
- Come to class on a semi-empty stomach, if you can. Try not to eat any heavy meals or drink coffee (whaaat!?)2-3 hours before practicing, and arrive well-hydrated!
- It’s a good idea to arrive 5-10mins early to get settled in. If you are late, don’t panic and make a bunch of racket. Just chill, enter calmly and quietly and take a moment to connect to your breathe.
- Turn cell phones/pagers off and please keep them off.
- Please be sensitive to your fellow yogi/ini’s and refrain from wearing any fragrances when coming to class.
- We are located on N 7th Street on the SW corner of Butler.
What package should I buy?
- Start with our Intro Month:
package. Just enough time to discover how fitting yoga into your busy schedule makes your life and your body feel better.
What do I need to bring?
- Your beautiful self. A mat if you have one, if not, your first mat rental is free and $1 after that. :D We have filtered water so you can bring your own refillable bottle.
What do I wear?
- Wear clothes you can comfortably move in. Think about the possibility that you may be putting your feet over your head. ;) No sox. You’ll get better traction with those naked toes plus its good for those meridians.
How often should I practice yoga?
- It depends on your goals, but in order to build strength, more flexibility and significantly reduce stress in your life an ideal practice would be 3-5 times per week.
Having an injury need not prevent you coming to yoga. In fact, yoga can resolve many injuries. When coming to class for the first time make sure to let the teacher know your injury before getting started.