Ironwood is hiring!
We have 2 positions opening up! Is this YOU or someone you know?
1. Administrative/Executive assistant
2. Yoga Studio manager
NOTE: These jobs could be combined into one job for the right person looking for full-time (40 hours/week).
- Read the detailed job description(s) by clicking on their respective titles below.
- Please read thoroughly and all the way to the end. We want to make sure we are a really good fit. ;)
- Once you have finished reading the detailed job description(s), fill out the application form at the bottom of this post.
1. Administrative/Executive Assistant
(20 hours/week to start with potential to stay part-time or expand hours)
This person loves organization, on-line program management, communication, customer relations, social media and daily operations. You love the idea of being an integral support of an intimate and fast growing company, can keep things organized and juggle multiple projects with ease.
Detailed Job Description
You will be assisting the owner of Ironwood Yoga Studios and management with administration and daily operations. You must be organized, adaptable, able to shift gears easily, and have excellent time management skills.
Your friends and family describe you as super organized, positive, honest to a fault, sweet, compassionate, trustworthy, loyal, hardworking, even keeled, focused, driven, smart, genuine, versatile, committed, sense of humor, 100(plus)% dependable and 100 plus(%) reliable.
- Assisting studio with front desk support
- Maintaining editorial calendar to keep everyone on task
- Maintain front desk forms, schedules & supplies
- Assist studio manager in keeping an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all provisions and amenities are available for all clients and staff at all times
- Help to collect and organize all pertinent documents for students and staff
- Attend weekly meetings to prioritize tasks
- Light bookkeeping – keeping receipts and purchases organized
- Light cleaning – helping to maintain the beautiful aesthetic of the yoga studio
- Assist studio manager with accurate record keeping and follow up with potential and new students
- Assist in handling email correspondence and fielding questions for current student/members and new potential students
- Take and post photos at the studio during classes and events.
- Assist with scheduling Instagram & Facebook posts for upcoming workshops, trainings and events.
- Implement and maintain editorial calendar.
- Assist with monthly and bi-monthly email newsletter.
On-line program management
- Assist studio manager with updates and maintenance of Mindbody client management software
- Assist studio manager in Mindbody software setting up workshops, trainings and events
- Create powerpoint presentations for online webinars and trainings
- Keep WordPress website up-to-date with current events, workshops & trainings.
- Manage and maintain organization and accuracy of all online files.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special events and parties.
- Assist with setup and tear down for events.
2. Yoga Studio Manager
(20 hours/week to start with potential to stay part-time or expand hours)
This person loves sales & marketing, online program management, has strong interpersonal skills and can juggle many projects at once. You enjoy a variety of work and can keep your eye on the big picture. You are a hard worker, love customer service and are also an exceptional taskmaster who can easily flow between higher level tasks as well as “roll up your sleeves” and “get stuff done”.
Detailed Job Description
This is a description of what it will look like for a full-time position, during the interview process we will discuss the scope of work as it pertains to starting part-time, with the intention of moving into full time in 6 months to a year. If you prefer to stay part-time, we will plan on hiring support as needed.
Your friends and family describe you as personable, hard working, excellent with people, loves to keep environment clean and organized, positive attitude, trustworthy, honest, focused, driven, visionary, versatile, committed, has a sense of humor, 100(plus)% dependable and 100(plus)% reliable.
- Support Ironwood Yoga Studios (IYS) Owner in the development of programs & initiatives to create and maintain monthly sales goals, new membership monthly goals, workshop/program enrollment goals and studio revenue goals
- Schedule and execute client “meet and greet” goal-setting and sales meetings with all new students
- Help to generate leads for studio classes, workshops, and trainings to increase revenue
- Create and implement a community action plan for fostering partnerships and sponsorships with local businesses
- Help Owner develop and implement studio sales/promotions
- Responsible for continued revenue growth and profitability of the studio.
- Help Owner create and execute strategies that continuously bring new students into the studio.
- Help implement programs that turn new students into permanent clients.
- Running all reports related to client management
- Tracking all students memberships and new purchase.
- Be responsive, listening, caring, and attentive to client and staff needs, answer email and calls within 24 hours.
- Be confident and able to guide students while remaining calm, friendly and poised.
- Ensure the prompt entry and attentive maintenance of client records including the processing of new memberships, freezes, and cancellations.
- Cultivate and grow The Ironwood Yoga community through developing and managing contests, challenges, parties, membership appreciation workshops, etc.
- Manage and implement marketing calendar and materials including e-blast schedule, newsletters, printed and online marketing collateral, social media outlets, and blog posts.
- Create and update the social media and email marketing calendars.
- Help to create IYS marketing materials for events/trainings and workshops.
- Assist owner in developing marketing ideas to create and deliver effective marketing collateral.
- Maintain a clean, friendly, vibrant, and energetic environment and encourage staff and teachers to uphold the IYS standards of tidiness.
- Manage activities that ensure the physical studio space meets the high standards of excellence.
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness, environment and functionality of all studio space.
- Ensure studio environment complies with the high standards of Ironwood Yoga Studios aesthetic.
- Manage cleaning of all Restorative props and towels.
- Support workshop facilitators on the day of events, including: checking in participants, preparing materials, purchasing/delivering food, and setup/breakdown.
- Maintain updated records of all forms, procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all provisions and amenities are available for all clients and staff at all times.
- Handle all email correspondence and fielding questions for current student/members and new potential students.
- Weekly meeting to prioritize tasks.
Complete admin tasks such as all Mindbody troubleshooting software issues, inventory, supply ordering and purchasing, maintaining cash drawer, etc.
- Attend and support quarterly team meetings.
- Help to create, develop and manage IYS Karma Crew work-study program and participants including: recruiting, hiring, and training volunteers.
Other details for both positions
Schedule TBD: I need both AM and PM times covered. Must be available evenings and weekends. Depending on the other hire we can create a schedule that works for all or both of us. You must be available to attend events/meetings as scheduled (various weeknight and weekend sessions).
Holidays: Currently the only day we are closed is Christmas Day. Must be available to work most major Holidays – Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Day. If you need a Holiday off with enough notice we can be flexible.
These are the Apps, Platforms, and programs we use.
You will either need to be familiar with most of these and easily able to learn the rest.
- Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Google Calendar & Docs
- WordPress Dashboard + Blog
- Divi Builder and basic HTML
- WP Engine
- Mac computer products
- Facebook and Instagram
- Later, Canva
- YouTube, Vimeo
- Survey Monkey
- Adobe DC Pro
- Adobe Photoshop
- Powerpoint formatting
- Ability to work with owner, web designer, and studio manager
Must have the following personality traits for both positions:
- You love to work hard and support entrepreneurs in building heart centered and creative business.
- You are very detail oriented
- You have grit and can easily switch gears and environments, working from home and the yoga studio.
- You understand the importance of a brand, the value of aesthetic and keeping our space clean and beautiful.
- You work on a MAC, have a laptop and the ability to work independently as well as at our studio.
- You love learning, adore technology and get excited about new ways of doing things.
- You have a can do attitude and know that everything is “figureoutable”. You aren’t bothered by things you don’t quite understand and look at it as an opportunity to develop yourself.
- You are highly self-directed and once you understand the big picture can easily work on your own, but aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You have a positive attitude and are drama free.
- You like being told the vision of what is wanted, and then finding the solution to make it happen. You are creative and follow through from start to finish exceeding expectations.
- You have great time-management skills and can easily juggle multiple projects and reach deadlines on-time or early. You know how to prioritize and are fast & efficient.
- You are very quick and responsive and at the same time extremely thorough.
- You are meticulous, detailed and highly organized. You love finishing project ease-fully before deadlines.
- You have the ability to anticipate needs and get things done before we even ask. You take initiative and make our systems and processes function even better.
- You are excellent with clients and our customers making them feel at ease, taken care of and manage their expectations.
- You see things that need to be done and don’t wait to be told.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- You can switch between tasks and projects with ease.
- You are looking for a 5 year + position and would be excited to be part of a fast growing company whose mission is to create a unique and diverse community centered around wellbeing and creativity.
- You LOVE the idea of being a huge part of why our company grows to its fullest potential.
- You understand the importance of brand and work to help build it.
These positions are NOT for you if:
- You are looking for a short term position
- You love people, but technology scares you.
- You are more creative than organized
- You don’t have a well working laptop or computer with high speed Internet
- You have a hard time staying motivated and working on your own.
- You don’t like fast-paced, multi-faceted positions and switching between tasks & projects is difficult for you.
- TBD based on experience and skill level. We will discuss in the first interview.
Other cool stuff about working with us.
- You get to hang out at Ironwood. One of the coolest places in town.
- Your office will essentially be a yoga studio/art gallery/creative space.
- You’ll have lots of flexibility in your schedule.
- You’ll get to be a part of an incredible community.
- Free yoga membership (benefit value – $1,100).
- Free yoga membership for one family member (benefit value – $1,100).
- Free IYS-led workshops, and special programs (benefit value $35-$300 per workshop/program).
- Free membership to Costco.
- 30% off retail items.
About Ironwood Yoga Studios
Founded, owned and operated by Leah Bosworth, Ironwood is a small, but mighty 1-room (1700 square foot in total) boutique studio, custom built by Ironwood Mills. We are located in a converted warehouse space with 18’ ceilings with big skylights, white walls, wood, steel and mountain views. It feels like a really warm and welcoming art gallery where we happen to do yoga.
We have 27 classes/week, 15 regular teachers and serve an average of 500-700 students/month. We teach Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Kundalini Yoga and monthly specialty classes, workshops and starting our first Yoga Teacher Training. We are known for our high quality classes, teachers and of course our beautiful space.
Please apply by February 7th 2020. Due to long process time may not get to respond to all of the applicants, but if it is a good fit will will respond within 7 days of the February 7th deadline. To apply please fill out the application below.