As a passionate teacher for nearly 40 years, Mary is blessed to be doing what she loves on a daily basis.
Whether in the yoga studio, in the classroom, or in nature Mary has a gift of sharing what she loves in a way that makes learning fun, challenging and yet effortless. Mary implements her knowledge and experience to create a well sequenced class that focuses on function rather than form, using the breath to create more space in the body and between thoughts in the mind. She is a dedicated student continuing to evolve and refine her craft both as a teacher and practitioner. She is currently studying with Yogarupa Rod Stryker to become a ParaYoga Certified Instructor. She completed her Advanced Yoga Nidra Facilitator training with Kamini Desai, PhD and collaborated with Kamini for Yoga Nidra for teenagers within the Amrit trainings.
As a National Board Certified Teacher she assists with the creation and implementation of yoga curricula in schools throughout the nation.
The Nitty Gritty
- National Board Certified Teacher – Early Adolescent Young Adult Physical Education (NBCT EAYA PE)
- ERYT 500 – teachers: Yogarupa Rod Stryker, Mary Bruce, Kamini Desai, John Vosler, Lynn Matthews
- 300 hr YTT – Mary Bruce and Lynn Matthews
- 200 hr YTT – YogaFit
- MAED Master of Arts Education Administration University of Phoenix
- BS – Bachelor of Science Community Health Education and Sports Medicine
- Amrit Method Advanced Yoga Nidra Facilitator
- Paddle Into Fitness Certified Teacher
- World Paddle Association – Level 1 Instructor
- Shakti Yoga Wheel Method Instructor
- USATF Level 1 Coach
Mary continues to look for ways to positively influence lives.