Mediterranean Chop Salad
This is one of my favorite salads from True Food Kitchen. I love to eat vegetarian, but my body does not always do well without some animal protein. However this vegetarian salad is very filling and can sustain me for many hours. It can also be vegan by leaving off the feta. Aaaand it’s dEEElicious.
- 2 cups micro greens
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped green beans, cooked
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup marcona almonds (if you can find them or your favorite nut is fine)
- Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette:
- ½ tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add micro greens, quinoa, green beans, cucumber, kalamata olives, and tomatoes to a bowl.
- Toss with dressing and serve into individual bowls.
- Top with almonds and feta (optional).
- To make the dressing:
- Add mustard, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, honey, and garlic to a blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Slowly, through the top of the blender, add olive oil until it is combined.